This Policy only applies to the Services and does not apply to any websites, apps, or other services that we do not own or control. It also applies to personal data we collect offline, such as if you contact us by phone for support or at conferences or other events.
By using or otherwise accessing the Services, you acknowledge the applicability of this Policy. Please read this Policy carefully to understand our practices regarding your information. You can reach out to us at [email protected] if you have questions about these practices.
Information We Collect
Depending on how you interact with the Services, we may collect information directly from you, automatically, and/or from other sources.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information directly from you when you use the Services, such as when you create an account, provide feedback, schedule an appointment, place an order, sign up for emails, engage with customer service, respond to surveys or quizzes, post on the Services, or grant our Apps access to your photos or other information. The following describes common types of information you may provide to us.
- Contact information, such as name, email address, phone number, and physical address.
- Account information, such as your login information, preferences, and areas of interest. You may provide this information when you create and use your account.
- Demographic information, such as your gender, birth date, and marital status.
- Order information, such as your billing and shipping address, the contents of your order, your transaction history, and payment information such as your debit or credit card number and expiration date.
- User content, such as comments, photos, posts, ideas, reviews, feedback, or other content that you submit or otherwise make available through the Services. This content may be viewable by other account holders or the public and may be associated with account information like your username, depending on the nature of the Services and where you choose to make the content available.
- Communications, including, but not limited to, any information that you provide to us (1) in an email, during a customer service interaction, or at an event; (2) on social media by, for example, liking or sharing our post; or (3) in response to a survey, quiz, or sweepstakes.
- Information from your device or other apps that you provide to the Services or grant permission for an App to access, such as your photos or content from your device’s camera, your calendar, and fitness app information.
- Health-related information, such as information about your health status, condition, or diagnosis; medications you are taking; the type of care you are seeking; your sex life and sexual orientation; and information related to scheduling medical appointments.
- Location information, which may include your general location inferred from your IP address or information that identifies the precise location of your mobile device (when you agree to allow an App or Service to collect this).
- Information requested by lead and order forms, such as contact and payment information (as described above) as well as other information such as military status or information relevant to providing insurance (such as car make and model).
- Any other information you provide to us.
You are not required to provide us with any information about yourself. However, if you do not provide us with certain information, the Services will not function as intended or you will be unable to access certain features. For example, if you do not provide us with your name and email address, you cannot create an account.
Some of the information we collect, such as health-related information, may be considered “sensitive” under some laws. Where relevant, this is discussed in the Supplemental Privacy Notice.
Information We Collect Automatically
We collect some kinds of information automatically when you interact with the Services, including, but not limited to:
- Device information, such as IP address; information about your device hardware such as its type; information about your device’s software, including its operating system; browser type, version, and language; time zone; unique device identifiers, and advertising identifiers such as mobile advertising ID.
- Usage information about how you interact with the Services, such as the date and time you interacted with the Services, pages viewed, links clicked, the time spent on each page, the websites or apps you visited before and after you visited the Services, search history, and the content you post to the Services.
- Location information, as described above.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may collect information about you from other sources, such as:
- Our affiliates and subsidiaries, if you use or otherwise interact with their services.
- Log-in services and social network connections. If you access the Services through a third-party connection or login (e.g., through a social network), you may allow us to have access to and collect certain information from your social network profile, which may include account and profile information, your posts, “likes,” and “shares,” and your list of friends, depending on your account settings on such services. If you do not wish for us to access this information, do not use a third-party connection to access the Services. Please see the terms and privacy policies of social media networks you use for information about their privacy practices and about how to adjust your settings.
- Credit reporting services. For certain offerings in the Services, we may collect information from credit reporting services in order to comply with applicable law and facilitate your transactions.
- Other parties. We may collect additional information about you to supplement information we collect in other ways (such as demographic, contact, and statistical information) from parties such as business partners, marketers, advertising networks, data providers, analysts, public databases, and other parties
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect for a variety of purposes, which may vary depending on the type of information and how you interact with the Services. These purposes may include to:
- Provide and maintain the Services, including to register your account and run our business.
- Personalize the Services, including by remembering your preferences.
- Conduct analysis and research related to the Services, including to understand use of the Services.
- Improve and enhance the Services, including by developing new features.
- Develop new products and services.
- Communicate with you about your account, services you have requested, and your customer service requests or other inquiries, subject to any preferences you have communicated to us.
- Advertise and market the Services and other products or services to you as described more fully below, subject to any preferences you have communicated to us.
- Conduct surveys, sweepstakes, and similar activities.
- Maintain security and prevent fraud.
- Verify your identity or authenticate you.
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, and other legal process and procedures.
- Exercise our legal rights (including by enforcing our terms and policies), detect and prevent illegal activity on the Services, or protect the rights, property, or safety of Healthline, our users, our employees, or others.
We may combine the information we collect through the Services with information we collect automatically or receive from other sources and use such combined information in accordance with this Policy. We may also aggregate and/or de-identify information we collect in such a way that it cannot reasonably be linked to you or your device. We may use such aggregated and/or de-identified information for any purpose, including for research and marketing purposes, and may disclose such information in any way.